Saturday, April 20, 2013

Un Deux Trois

Car shopping.
Job hunting.
Boyfriend searching.

These things do not come easy for me. And there seems to be something related between them all.

There are certain things you see right away and know it's not going to work. Maybe you go back and look one more time, or ten more times, but every time something holds you back. Is this being snobbish, or is this knowing what you want, or maybe a little bit of both?

I see a bright blue car and I know straight away it's not the one for me. But then I keep going back to it. Maybe the color will grow on me? Maybe it's perfect in every other way? It's just one flaw, really.

I find a job that's on the outskirts of town and it's clear I won't be applying. But then it keeps popping up. So maybe it's not my dream job, but maybe the pay is great, or the people are great, or the product is great.

I discover a guy in army fatigues has sent a message to me a dating site. Right away, that's a no. But our likes and dislikes are similar and he always shows up at the top of my results. Is his involvement in the military that big of a deal?

I imagine I can't be alone in having this problem. If I'm in no immediate need for a new car, new job or new boyfriend, I don't need to settle until I've found perfection, right? But at the same time, am I giving up too soon and passing up a potential gem?

And that's the rub.

They say things come in threes. Here are my three. So let's see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment