Wednesday, December 19, 2012

And I Feel Fine

OKCupid just made me think. Or rather, made me pause and kinda lose all train of thought. I just checked my email and the bold subject line seemed to scream (in a rather sad tone) at me:

Laura, do you want to die alone?

They then proceeded to market to me a subpar-lookin' dude and said I should probably meet him because what if it's too late when the world ends or whatever on 12/21/12.

I've been alone for ages, OKCupid (and obvs you know this), so I think I'll take my chances. Really I wasn't offended, it was a cute ploy. But then my thoughts returned.

Did it really have to happen that the end of the world also coincides with the most "wonderful" time of year? Not only do I have to go through another Christmas of wholesome family fun with no mate to ease the pain, I also have to brave armageddon with no one to cling tightly to when the asteroid hits. And then (assuming we all survive) follow it up wondering if I'll get a kiss at midnight on New Year's, or will I look on at the happy couples with an awkward "Awww I'm so happy for you" smile and maybe shake someone's hand? Jeez guys, give the singles a break already! And by guys I mean Mayans.

Luckily I don't believe I will die alone. At least not on 12/21/12. But you never know. So just in case, I'll be enjoying this city and this single life, dancing and drinking and laughing, if it's the last thing I do.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment