Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Free Stuff?!

I haven't been able to stop thinking about this today. Free stuff. Presents. Gifts. I think it may be slightly exacerbated for gals, but what does it mean to be single? It means lots of presents, gifts, money and parties! For other people.

Bridal showers, engagement parties, weddings, baby showers. Appliances, appliances everywhere and not a one for me. Where did this come from that people who are getting one of the greatest gifts of all (marriage?) are also getting more gifts? Shouldn't two people joining together already have twice as much stuff as, say, me? I'd love some new towels, maybe a rice cooker or Crockpot, nice new silverware and a muffin pan. But because I'm not getting married, I've not only gotta buy them for myself, but also buy them for everyone else.

Okay this is not ACTUALLY a big deal. All I'm doing is proposing Quarter Life Showers for singles. Because don't we deserve colorful new KitchenAid mixers too?

No comments:

Post a Comment